I had a eureka moment yesterday about writing on my iPhone: Google docs. Derp. Not sure why it hadn’t occurred to me before that I had a phone-accessible writing method more robust than the little built-in notepad (not to mention one that could be synched with a laptop doc without extra steps!).
So today I started rewriting that novel. Had some nice clarity on how to link the prologue to chapter 1 opening, and got the first section of chapter 1 written out. I don’t know how many words it was – likely between 500 and 800 – but it was enough to make my brain hurt when I was done.
I am definitely going to have some work to do to get back in writing shape…a year ago I’d have to write 5-6 times that to put myself in the same state. Creativity really IS akin to a muscle.
I am just pleased to have that set of muscles returned to me postpartum along with the ones that let me run and sit up without using my arms. 🙂
Edited to add: it was actually kind of hilarious working in G-docs. I started writing on my husband’s laptop while the baby was napping in his Moby wrap, and was still going when baby woke up and demanded a feed. So I pulled up the doc on my phone and kept going…and I still had it pulled up on the laptop, which was sitting on the coffee table in front of me, and I could watch the words I was tapping into my phone appear on the screen like I was remoted into the laptop, even though of course in both cases I was remoted into the document itself. It amused me.